Sunday, March 16, 2008

.all hail caesar.


I have really been craving caesar salads lately. We were at Costco a couple weeks ago and saw they had Johnny's Great Caesar! salad dressing. The only place I've ever been able to find it is in Seattle so imagine my surprise finding it in Florida!


It is *the* best caesar dressing that comes in a bottle. Seriously.


This salad is very fast and easy. It's a salad that's easy to prep ahead of time and have ready to whip together at the last minute. It's also awesome to take on picnics because you can keep the ingredients in ziplocs and throw everything into a large ziploc and shake til it's all coated. All you have to do is dump it out on paper plates. Easy as pie!


Here's what I put in my salad.

  • Romaine, chopped
  • Bacon, cut up and fried
  • Caesar croutons
  • Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
  • Green onions, sliced
  • Salad dressing
  • Lemon wedge (put a wedge on each plate and squeeze on your own serving before eating)
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • Chicken breast, cooked with Seasoning salt and chopped up

Great low carb recipe! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Man does that look good! I love caesar salad and it's been years since I've had one! I may have to make one this week!!

Darleen said...

looks great, my son is the Caesar salad junkie of the family!!! I may have to do this one. I think I will try it will grilled chicken tenderloins, do you think that will work???

squillen said...

Darleen, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let me know how it turns out! :D

Joanne Brown said...

MMMmmmmm delish! I LOVE caesar salad. What a great idea about putting it all in separate ziploc bags for a picnic! I'd never thought of that!! Will definitely remember that for the summertime :) Thanks, joanne x