Monday, April 28, 2008

.roast chicken and goat cheese cups.





Sometimes it's "test kitchen" day at my house. Today was one of those days. The recipe was one someone mentioned at The Pod (Thanks Ashley!) and it sounded pretty good. I changed the recipe up a little but for the most part, I think it's spot on.



The ingredients you need:
Crescent rolls
Roasted chicken
Mushrooms
Parmesan cheese
Green onion/chives
Basil
Herbed goat cheese
Basil



Let's prep. Chop up 1 bunch green onion. Set aside.











Slice up mushrooms (1 cup). Set aside.











Put some butter in a saute skillet and saute the mushrooms. Set aside.











Pull apart chicken. I used half of the chicken here. Set aside.











Grate some parmesan cheese (1 cup). Set aside.









Slice the goat cheese into equal parts. Set aside.











Open the crescent roll packages. Use two crescent rolls per muffin cup. Smoosh in there to form a shell.










Completed shells in one pan.











Put a pat of goat cheese in each cup.

















Put some sauteed mushrooms in each cup.











Now put some of the chicken on top.


















And then the green onion.

Put a few shakes of basil on top.














The last step. Put the grated parmesan cheese on top.



Put in a preheated 350* oven and bake for 20 minutes. If the tops start getting too brown, put a piece of foil on top.

Serve with veggies and/or salad.




[Chef's notes: This was the first time I had ever made this. It was tasty, but the goat cheese was a little too much. If I were to make this again, I would smoosh together all the ingredients (except the parmesan) and add some spinach to the mix. I'd also season with salt and pepper. ]

Printable version:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg2vfjqm_45knjrfbfg

10 comments:

Sheri said...

these look great for a baby shower I'm hosting this weekend.
What could I use instead of goat cheese?

something simple and readily available for purchase.

I dunno- I'm FARRRR from being a chef-- but would love to adapt this.

suggestions?

squillen said...

You can sub with herbed cream cheese.

Joanne Brown said...

oooooooo these sound delish! And I think I would go with your suggestion of herbed cream cheese. Yum!

Hope said...

I've been stalking your site for a few weeks, but this is my 1st post! These look yummy! Keep up the great recipes!
Hope AKA Esperanza

linda said...

These look really good, and I am putting them on our menu for next week.. Thanks for posting the recipe..

Darleen said...

Hey Suzanne, where did you get your goat cheese??

Jamie S said...

I bet bleu cheese would be yummy. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jamie

squillen said...

Darleen, I bought it at the commissary. In the cold case by the deli. Across from the condiments. :D

Cam and Emily said...

Squillen!
I made these tonight and it was oh, so delish!
I used an itty bitty amount of goat cheese--any more and it would have been a bit too much, as you said.

Emily AKA WeezerJones

Darleen said...

Suzanne,

I made these tonight and it was super yummy!! I got goat cheese crumbles and they were perfect for this dish!! These would be even really good at a brunch. Thanks for sharing. We loved it!!