Monday, March 31, 2008

.swedish pancakes.

This is the 2nd recipe I've added tonight and I just want to make sure you check out the contest I'm having. The entry is a couple posts below. Winner gets a dozen of my almondine sugar cookies. YAY!

This morning Marcia and I wanted something more than cereal for breakfast so I made Swedish Pancakes. This is something we used to make as a family growing up but we didn't have them often because we weren't patient enough to wait for the crepes (which these essentially are) to cook for us! Growing up in a family of EIGHT, it was definitely a chore for mom to make these.

I, of course, have learned the secret to these. Make them. Freeze them. Throw them in the oven wrapped in foil and heat them up. Or, make them and put them in a dish with a lid and hold in the oven to keep warm while you whip up the whole batch.

This recipe makes 10 pancakes. You'll want to double or even triple this recipe. Trust me. Make lots.


In a bowl, whisk together:
3 eggs
1 1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp sugar
3/4 c. flour and
1/2 tsp salt
You'll have lumps so run it through a strainer if you have one.

Use a ladle to spoon some batter into a vegetable sprayed crepe pan. The pan I'm using is not a crepe pan but it works. I really really want one! My birthday is coming up in May... *hint hint* LOL
When you ladle the batter in (about 1/4 cup), you want to kind of swirl the pan around to spread it out. Cook on one side and then use a rubber spatula to flip it and cook the other side for a minute.

This morning I sliced up some fresh strawberries to go with our pancakes and whipped up some fresh cream.
Normally we just butter and use maple syrup. So go with whatever your little heart desires.
Serve with bacon or sausage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it. The recipes sound wonderful and the pics are to die for. I also read about the death of your sister and am truly sorry for you! what a strong person you are! It speaks volumes that you extend yourself and your creations! Big hugs! Lisa K

April said...

I made these a while back and they were SO good. My kids loved them and so did I. We added strawberries and whipped cream to them. Delicious!