Thursday, March 6, 2008

.baked beans.

This is a recipe I got from my Grandma Joyce years ago. She passed away 2 Christmases ago and I miss her. She was an amazing baker and cook. She taught me a lot of what I know and I'm so happy I had those moments with her.

This recipe I still have on a 3x5 card because I love looking at her perfect penmanship and I think back and remember her with great fondness. I miss you Grandma Joyce!

This recipe can be made in the crock pot, but baking in the oven is preferred. It makes them thicker and yummier!



In a bowl, mix together:

1 can of Busch's baked beans
1 can (rinsed) butter beans
1 can (rinsed) kidney beans
3 strips bacon, cut up
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
1 cup brown sugar







Put in an oven safe dish and bake at 325* for 1 hour or longer.



Printable version:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg2vfjqm_19f56whsf4

2 comments:

cindyMN said...

Suzanne, is the bacon cooked? or raw when it goes in the dish??

squillen said...

It goes in raw. It cooks up with the beans.