Monday, March 23, 2009

.salmon w/ cheesy crumb topping.


I have a very easy, delicious recipe for you.  Salmon with a cheesy, crumb topping.  I received this month's issue of Woman's Day a week ago and while flipping through it came across this recipe.  I tweaked it a little because I didn't have everything they listed, but it was very good and something I will be making again.

I realized I don't make nearly enough fish and that's something I want to fix.  Paige isn't quite excited about the plan though, but she did eat the salmon, and picked off the cheesy topping.  Go figure.

In a mixing bowl, put 1 8oz package cream cheese (I used low fat), 1 cup bread crumbs (fresh preferred), 1 tsp dill, 1 tsp thyme, 1 clove minced garlic, and a little salt and pepper.

Cut a salmon fillet into individual pieces and put in a baking dish that has been drizzled with olive oil.  Make sure you put the skin side down.


Spoon the cream cheese topping on top of the salmon.  Use your finger to push around if you need to.  Pop in a 350* oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.  When the flesh is a light pink the salmon is done. 

So super easy and healthy, and delicious.  While the salmon was in the oven, I sauteed some fresh spinach leaves with a little olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper.  I put a spoonful on the plate and rested some salmon right on top.  Delicious!


Printable version:

3 comments:

Kasey Sass said...

This looks SO delicious! Thanks for all your great recipes!!

I am LoW said...

Perfect, I needed this recipe!!! Seriously, this is dinner tomorrow evening! :-)

Amber Zimmerman said...

Love your site! So far I've made this (tonight!) and the southwest chicken salad. . .which my s-i-l and mom and aunt LOVED! Thank you for sharing these fab recipes! I feel like I'm serving restaurant quality meals instead of hamburger helper. Heh-heh! ;-)