Wednesday, April 9, 2008

.chicken club salad.

When it starts getting warm here in southern Georgia, I like nothing but cool meals that are fast to prepare. This is a salad we grew up fixing in our house. Don't be afraid of the grapes in your salad. It's very tasty!! There are no measurements. Add as much or as little as you like.



Cut up 4 slices of bacon and fry. When done frying, put on paper towels to drain and set aside to cool.



Cook up 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts. When done, allow to cool then chop into bite size pieces.


Chop up a head of iceberg lettuce and some romaine. Put in a large bowl.


Grate some cheddar cheese and put in the bowl.




Grate some carrots (I used 2) and put those in the salad too.



Chop up green onion. Toss on in.


I used 2 bunches.



My husband doesn't like cucumber so after I chop some up, I put in a side bowl. If everyone in your family likes it, put in the salad bowl.




I don't like adding my diced tomato (I used one roma tomato, seeded and diced) directly to salad because if there are any leftovers, it leaves an icky slime all over the lettuce. I always put these in a side bowl.



Cut red seedless grapes in half. Add to bowl.


Make sure you wash them first!




Now you can add that fried bacon and the chicken.


Toss the salad.


Serve with croutons, and whatever dressing you like. I personally like Ranch so that's what we have.


Serve with rolls.
Printable version:

5 comments:

Regan said...

This may be a silly question, but why is it called CHICKEN club salad? Do you put chicken in it?

squillen said...

LOL... oh yah. I'm going to have to go back and edit that!

aimee said...

Yum! This would be a great salad to make with leftover grilled chicken.

Catherine said...

I'm going to have to try this one, I am always trying to come up with light, cool meals in the summer. This looks so good I think we'll have it tonight!

aimee said...

Made this for dinner last night. It was awesome. The grapes make the salad I think. Thanks for all the great recipe ideas. Love your blog!