Friday, February 6, 2009

.lobster & mushroom spaghetti.



I had every intention of making lobster curry the other night, but I didn't have all of the ingredients so I had to think of something else to make. So I decided what's better than pasta and lobster? Oooo put it together! A winning combo for sure.

I didn't make your typical tomato base spaghetti sauce. Instead I made a lemon garlic wine sauce that was out of this world, blending the seafood and pasta together.


Begin by mincing three cloves garlic.












Thinly slice one medium sized onion.












Remove the seeds and gunk from 2 roma tomatoes. Dice.











Chop up some chives (about 2 Tbsp).












Chop up 1 pound lobster meat. If you can use fresh, that's best, but I wasn't able to. I bought lobster meat next to the seafood section at the grocery store.

Make sure you keep the pieces bite sized... don't cut too small.






To take an easy shortcut, I bought a package of pre-sliced mixed mushrooms. This pack came with shiitake, cremini, and white.










You'll need one lemon, juiced.












And 2 Tbsp cream.












Put a pot of water on to boil. Add salt. Cook spaghetti as directed on package. I like using thin spaghetti but use what you like.










In a pan, put 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup white wine, the onion, and garlic in a saute pan. Turn on to high heat. We want to reduce this by half.










When the liquid has reduced by half, add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Mix around and cook for about 5 more minutes on medium high.










Add 1 tsp basil. Cook another 2-3 minutes.












Turn the heat to low and add 3 Tbsp butter. Stir with a spoon and mix the two together. You don't want the sauce to separate when you add the butter.









When the butter has melted, add the cream and lobster meat. Stir around. You really only need to heat the lobster as the sauce is complete at this time. Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper.








Finish with the chopped chives.

Drain your pasta and plate. Spoon the sauce over the top and garnish with fresh grated parmesan reggiano cheese.

Serve with salad and bread.



Printable version:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg2vfjqm_134cd7hjbfm

3 comments:

Rene said...

I am salivating just reading this...

Shirley said...

sounds DELISH!

Ronda said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful! I bet you get really yummy lobster there in New York? I can't wait to come visit you so I can taste your cooking!