Friday, August 22, 2008

.white chocolate blackberry brownie bites.



Hello Fay. Yes.. *that* Fay. Tropical Storm Fay. She decided to come for a visit and it looks like she has finally calmed down some. It has been raining and blowing like crazy outside. Our house backs up to a wetland and it's normally dry dry dry, but the water has crept up to our grass!

Paige has been out of school the past two days so I've been thinking of things to do with her while she's home. One thing we did was make dessert to go with our dinner. These little yummies were ooooh so good.

My sister, Marcia, used to sell Pampered Chef and one of the recipes she made quite often, are their little tuxedo bites. I kind of got the idea based off of those, but changed the filling from their cream cheese/whipped cream mixture, to a white chocolate macadamia mousse. And instead of the cherry on top, I used a fresh blackberry. Very delicious!

These would be great for a party since their bite-sized. You could probably make these in regular muffin sized pans, but it wouldn't look as pretty, in my opinion. :)



Begin by making one brownie mix as directed on the package.


Pour into a mini muffin pan about half way up. (it is tough getting a picture while you're trying to pour. LOL)

Put in a 350* and bake until the tops are domed and baked all the way through.

Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.


Using this handy tool from Pampered Chef, press the centers down to make them into little cups.

Let's make the mousse now.

Put 2 eggs and 1/3 cup sugar.

Put the bowl on top of a saucepan that has about 1" of water in the pot. You don't want the bowl sitting in water so you don't need that much.

Whisk vigorously as the water comes to boil. The steam will cook the eggs and we want this nice and fluffy. Keep whisking until a thermometer reads 140*.


Remove the bowl from the double boiler and add a bag of Mauna Loa white chocolate chips w/ chopped macadamia nuts. If you don't want nuts, add 6 oz white chocolate. Mix until the chocolate melts completely.


Stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla.

Put in the fridge and allow to cool completely.


Once the chocolate has cooled, put 1 cup cream in an ice cold mixing bowl.


Whip on high until firm peaks form. My pictures are light or dark! Fay gave me very poor lighting all day. Sorry about that.


Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate/egg mix. Don't overbeat. Put this back in the fridge and let chill for 3 hours.


Carefully pull all the brownie bites out of the muffin pan. Now I remember why I hate this stupid pan. LOL... they stuck SO BAD!


Transfer the mousse into a piping bag and squeeze some into each cup.


Place blackberries (or strawberry, or raspberry, or cherry!) on the center. Chill for about an hour before serving.


Printable version:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg2vfjqm_100gs4zvftw

5 comments:

Ronda said...

Wow! Those look yummy!I think I just gained 10 lbs looking at them.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

sorry I wish I could edit.

I wanted to say I am so glad to hear you guys are OK during this storm and making the best of it with yummy goodies! Those look amazing. I will be stealing your recipe for sure!

April said...

These look SO good. I am going to try them soon.

Lynn said...

Those look delish! Can't wait to try them!