Tuesday, March 11, 2008

.chili lime chicken.


This is a Weight Watchers recipe I found a couple years ago. It is really delicious and not only that, but you can whip this dish up in seriously... 20 minutes.

You'll want to start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 per person). Slice the chicken into strips.

















In a large ziploc, put 3 heaping Tablespoons flour and 2 teaspoons chili powder. Shake bag to mix.
















Add your chicken strips and shake the bag to coat all the pieces with the flour and chili powder.
















Spray a skillet with PAM and put on medium heat. Lay out your chicken in the pan and cook for about 3 3 minutes on each side, searing the outside.








Add 3/4 cup chicken broth and the juice from one lime. Lower the heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid. Let this cook for about 3-4 minutes.










Remove lid and turn the heat up to medium high. Stir while the broth/lime juice thickens. Remove from heat and add some chopped cilantro.

Serve with salad, or rice and beans.


Printable version:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg2vfjqm_17gvv6w4f6

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks good! I'll have to try that asap.

Laura Davis said...

Yum
I'm going grocery shopping today! I'm going to try this one:)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Yum. I took out chicken breasts for dinner tonight. I'm making these tonight.

Nancy

Darleen said...

ooohhhllllaaalllaaa!! i have a ton of WW recipes, but not this one. i am going to give this one a try. i will admit, i still have those smashed potato cravings!! those should be patented!

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I love your recipes. They are so yummy!

Anonymous said...

I know what we are having for dinner tonight! Thanks so much for a great recipe.