Friday, September 12, 2008

.peach cobbler.


I love this time of year because the peaches are ripe and it's cobbler time! I love anything peach though. Peach ice cream, peach preserves, peach pie... mmmm... yep.. I'm a fan.

My cobbler recipe is not your typical one. I don't really care for too much "cakey'ness" on top so I do more of a streusel type topping. I also made homemade vanilla bean ice cream to go on top. I'll be posting that recipe in the next day or two.

In a bowl put 8-10 peeled and sliced peaches. Add 1/2 cup sugar.

Sprinkle in a little nutmeg.

I don't have a picture of this step (not sure why?) but I added 1/4 cup cornstarch too.


Mix all of that up and pour into a baker.


In a bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and a small handful of chopped pecans. Cut in 1/2 stick butter until crumbly.

Sprinkle the topping all over the peaches and put in a 350* oven for about an hour.

The top of the cobbler will be nice and golden brown and the juices will be bubbling around the edges, when it's done. Pull from the oven and let sit for about 20 minutes. You don't want to start eating nuclear hot peaches. LOL... they'll burn your tongue! Serve with ice cream.


Printable version:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg2vfjqm_106t2r866g2

2 comments:

~jane said...

This looks yummy... as do all your recipes. Question about Baked Santa Fe Dip though... although I've purchased it in the past, searching through three stores today did not yield me any chile peppers in adobo. Any suggestions for substitutes?
Jane

squillen said...

Hi Jane -- you can use any kind of dried or smoked pepper if you can find it. Just soak in a little olive oil or hot water to rehydrate them, then chop up and add to the dish. Hope that helps!