Wednesday, April 16, 2008

.chicken salad.


I really like chicken salad as an alternative sandwich idea for lunch or even dinner. We sold this at the bakery on croissants. So yummy. I've made this numerous times for baby/bridal showers. I've put them on croissants and in cream puffs. It gets rave reviews.

Here's what I put in mine:
  • canned chicken (you can use any cooked chicken whether from a rotisserie chicken or whatever)
  • green onion, sliced
  • cheddar cheese, grated
  • celery, sliced
  • chopped cashews
  • craisins
  • mayo
  • salt and pepper

Very easy. Very fast. Add as much or as little of each ingredient for your own personal taste.

Printable version:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg2vfjqm_36fqrwknf7

5 comments:

Darleen said...

yum, never thought of craisins, great idea..............

Unknown said...

Made this for lunch the other day - thanks for this!!

Anne said...

Made this for dinner tonight. DH just came out and polished the last of it off. Debating whether to make a second batch or stick to my plans and use the chicken for the enchilades.

Anonymous said...

These sound so good and I have been wondering what to do with some Craisins I got for free since the kids don't like them! I'm gonna sneak them into these sandwiches!LOL

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good, wanted you to know that I'm trying it tonight after seeing a post from you on 2 peas...wanted you to know though, that the link on your sidebar to this recipe isn't working...weird blogger coding or something but I was able to find it by deleting part of it. Anyway, thought you'd like to know. :-) Laura