Wednesday, January 16, 2008

.family treasure.


While living in Hawaii, my mother, sisters and I decided to compile all of our recipes into a cookbook. Some were new, but many were recipes that had been in the family for generations. I took the task of typing them up on the computer and a couple months later it was complete. The master was sent to Ronda, who made numerous copies, collated it all (wow and yikes!) and then she and our other sister, Marcia (pronounced mar-see-yuh) put the pages in sheet protectors and stuck them in 3 ring binders.
This is our family treasure.
It is divided in different sections: appetizers, soups, salads, breads, side dishes, main dishes, cookies and candy, pies and cakes. Sadly, the dessert sections are the largest. We love our sweets!
So if you have a lot of recipes and they're completely disorganized, put together your own cookbook!

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

A big dessert section sounds good to me! LOL I'm trying to put some of my favorites from cookbooks into one binder. I have sooo many cookbooks that I barely use and not much space to keep them in.