Monday, March 3, 2008

Shrimp Fajita Quesadilla

My husband came home late from work tonight. I knew he would be working til 8ish but also thought he might feed himself. I thought wrong. I don't really mind though. I had to think about what I could actually make in a jif. I thought about making him an omelet. He loves those. Then I thought, "OH! I have stuff for quesadillas!"

So I rummaged around and pulled some shrimp out of the freezer, which can be quickly thawed out by running under cold water, some veggies, cheese, and tortillas. With the flash! of a culinary knife, I whipped together something pretty amazing. At least that's what the husband told me. ;)

Cut up some green bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.


Saute in a pan with heated olive oil. Add a little soy sauce, a dash of liquid smoke, a little lime juice, a splash of tabasco, and some chili powder. Saute until everything is nice and soft and dark and ooey yummy. Actually, just before you get to that stage, you want to throw in the shrimp (chop up your shrimp first).













I used a full sized tortilla. Lay down a little cheese (I used mexican blend pre-grated... some I had in the fridge because I'm going to use it to make a yummy dip!), then the sauteed goods, and a little more cheese. Hey! We're allowed to indulge now and then.
Fold over and put in a skillet that has some heated oil in it (don't use olive oil). Fry on both sides until nice and golden brown. Remove from pan and put on paper towels to soak up any lingering oil.











I threw together some chopped onion, tomato, jalapeno, and cilantro to make fresh pico de gallo. Add a splash of lime juice and salt and pepper.

No comments: