Saturday, March 1, 2008

.lookie what I made.

I am NOT a pastry chef. LOL

When I was at church last week, I was speaking with one of the ladies about an upcoming baby shower I was invited to. I told her I would be there (she was one of the hostesses) and asked if there was anything I could help with.

She said they had actually talked about having me help with something but felt they shouldn't bother me at this time. I told them to PLEASE give me something to do. Right now is the time when I need to stay busy otherwise my mind goes to thoughts of Wendy and I get very sad.
So I made the cake.

And let me tell you.....anything that *could* go wrong with a cake, *did* go wrong. LOL It was very frustrating. I was lucky to get the stupid cake to the church in one piece!
I had visions of grandeur. I think I watch too much Ace of Cake. Duff would kick my butt to the curb!

So this is the cake. What do you think? (be gentle with me!)

A little pram I made out of gum paste. It's kind of cute!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUZANNE!!!! THAT TURNED OUT AWESOME!!
the topper is amazing!! i'm scared to death of gum paste (and anything else that's not buttercream :) )
I bet it tasted amazing too.
Great job!!

Christine

Leah said...

I THINK THE CAKE IS PRECIOUS GOOD JOB!

Elizabeth said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I could never make anything like that! It is totally cute!

Darleen said...

Suzanne, your cake came out beautiful!! I absolutely love it!! The hearts absolutely make it!!! you rock!!

Little Hensley Fam said...

aawww... that's such a sweet cake Suzanne! You did a great job!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

That cake is FANTASTIC!!!