Friday, July 4, 2008

The 24-hour Wedding

So yesterday (Thursday) morning I get a phone call from one of my gal pals from church. Seems one of her good friends just up and decided to get married! We had a 4th of July BBQ planned with a bunch of our friends today and heck.. why not have a wedding too.

She called me asking if I could make the cake and help get things put together. Let me rephrase this. She wants to do a wedding with 24 hour notice. *thud* I felt like I had just gotten punk'd. LOL

Look at this couple. I've met Debbie before and she's such a warm, friendly person. I love her. Her new HUSBAND, Mark is a great guy too. I met him for the first time today but really you couldn't ask for two nicer people. I'm so happy for them and I wish them the happiest life together.



Look at this picture. They are so in love!!!! I think this is my favorite photo from the entire day.





Here's Debbie coming down the aisle. I had Jim snap pictures during the ceremony because I was busy playing the piano.




Kissing the bride!




Congratulations Mark and Debbie!




This was the cake. I think it turned out beautifully!!!
PS: For the BBQ I made a yummy warm potato salad with new red potatoes, bacon, peas and a shallot vinaigrette. I'll post that recipe in the morning. Hope you all had a great 4th of July!!

8 comments:

Mere said...

You are such an AWESOME friend! The pics were terrific and the cake looked AMAZING!!

<3 , Mere

heidigoseek said...

That looks beautiful Suzanne! I know you and I are a lot alike. When we get a last minute "request" like that it just kind of gives us a shot of adrenaline and its FUN! I can tell you put a lot into the cake. The bride is absolutely stunning. Great job with the pics, Jim :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really made a beautiful cake on such short notice. I love your blog - the recipes are great and I like your tidbits on every day life. The wedding looked like it turned out great. Thanks for sharing! PS - off to make the crepes for breakfast.

Bev

SplendidlyImperfect said...

A two tiered wedding cake with less than 24 hour notice AND you were preparing for a picnic at the same time AND you not only attended the wedding, you played piano too?


Holy crap woman. Color me IMPRESSED.

Darleen said...

this is an awesome story Suzanne!! I love it! Beautiful cake, beautiful bride, beautiful pictures...

Michelle said...

Can I be you when I grow up? You are a total superwoman!

Your favorite sister said...

You are so sweet to do that. I would have freaked out! lol

It turned out beautifully and I am sure it was so appreciated by the bride and groom.

Mindy said...

Everything turned out so great! Besides the potato salad, apple pie, wedding cake, helping decorate everything, and playing the piano you also sang a beautiful song. You really are amazing and we will miss you when you guys leave this area. Debbie was so appreciative of everything that was done. She even talked about the people that planned her wedding after introducing herself in Relief Society this morning.