Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentine's Day Countdown Calendar

I wanted to share a project I made yesterday for my family. I thought you all might be interested in seeing it so that you can make one too! It's a Valentine's Day Countdown Calendar (like an Advent Calendar) made out of craft felt. The squares are pouches and the rectangles are envelopes. The flaps of the envelopes are tacked down using a snap. In each pocket, I plan on putting Hershey Kisses.

I used lots of sequins, bling, and buttons. The pockets were all made beforehand and then mounted to the big ol piece of felt with hot glue.

It really was a fun thing to make and didn't take all that long. I started yesterday around 3:00pm and was done before midnight. If you have any questions about this project, let me know. :) Thanks for looking! -- Suzanne






























7 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a cute idea!!!

Miki said...

Oh my, this is so adorable!!

snbjork said...

I'm in love. That is so beautiful! I especially love day 12 with the little buttons and tassels. So cute! You wanna send one my way?? I'm not too crafty (I'm clumsy and non creative!). =)

Unknown said...

Love the project. And your cornish hens.... sound so yummy. I haven't made those in a long, long time... like 15 years. They're so easy, too.

Shirley said...

so sweet....literally. LOL!

heidigoseek said...

i love it! a little too late for me this year, but i'll be thinking about it for next year! love it, love it:)

Mandi said...

What a cute idea! I might just make this for next year!